Fire Tower

Fire Tower
Courtesy of Sharon Lumbert/Seney Photo Contest 2017

Fire Tower


Used in the past to spot potentially devastating wildfires, the tower was moved from its original location in Germfask to behind the Seney Headquarters in 1954. It stands about 110 feet and is closed to the public. Every 15 minutes, a camera near the top takes a picture to monitor haze and provide current air pollution levels to the public. Click the button below to learn more about the history of fire on the refuge and how fire is used as a tool.